The year 2011 has seen some fashion greats as well as some fashion great faux-pas. Here is a quick list of what we loved in the year that pass:
1. Bold colour blocking; seen on many hot celebrities like Rihanna and Kim Kardashian.
2. Maxi dresses that cover you up yet makes you look so sexy; ala Nicole Richie and Jennifer Aniston.
3. Platform shoes in all its variation became a must-have for every woman. Thanks, or no thanks, to Lady Gaga and Victoria Beckham.
4. Bringing back the braids made 2011 a fun and relaxed year, somewhat. Drew Barrymore and Jessica Alba looked girlish spotting this hairdo this year.
5. Faux-hawk was the most popular hairstyle for men in year 2011, spotted on many many football stars like David Beckham, Christiano Ronaldo and David Villa.
6. Bob cut – layered, inversed, short, long, with bangs, wavy… the style just keeps changing! But this is one hairstyle that is here to stay in 2012, believe us!
Now, out with the old, in with the new. So, what will be haute in the year 2012? Peering into our crystal ball, here is what we predict will take place in the year to come, in our hair world:
Women hair trends:
1. Centre parting will take centre stage. Yes, this is a common hair part for most women, but it will become the in-thing because of the revival trends of the 60’s and 70’s fashion for spring/summer 2012.
2. Like it or not, the wet look will be back. How to pull it off? Choose to have your hair perfectly slick or unceremoniously textured, flowing free or tied high up.
3. The cut that was called “like a muppet” in America’s Next Top Model, the very short fringe/bangs will be fashionable in 2012. Being Asian and having dark hair, this trend is better fit for us. Be warned: This cut is very edgy and very modern, but once you take the risk to chop off your bangs, it may just heighten your sex appeal. Think Katy Perry and Beyonce.
1. Good news for those who have naturally wavy hair. Go for long curly hair with short sides. Think Orlando Bloom, Justin Timberlake and Matt Morrison. Entangled, interlocked and messy, this hairstyle gives a relaxed appeal to your presence.
2. Another trend that is heading our way is the slicked hair with a side part. This hairstyle is ideal for men with relatively straight hair as the hair is more likely to sit flat on the head complimenting the hairstyle’s ‘slick’ shape. Think Mad Men’s Don Draper.