Do you spend many minutes blowing dry your hair, but the results are less than impressive? Let us give you some tip so you too can achieve the out-of-salon look right in the comfort of your home.
Blow drying essentials:
1. The blow dryer: Purchase one which has the following features – A nozzle attachment (so you can focus the heat and air directly where you need it), a cool shot button (to set your hairstyle) and variable heat temperatures (so you can adjust the settings for your hair type or the style you want to create).
2. A round hair brush to create lift at your roots and to help pull your hair taunt as you dry.
3. Hair pins to clip away the sections you’re not working on.
Here is a list of the general rule-of-thumb to follow:
1. Begin with a freshly washed hair. After washing your hair, blot your hair dry to remove excess water. Do not rub your hair or you may risk breakage and frizz.
2. A good styling product is key to the perfect blowout. It adds body to fine, limp hair, while women with thick, curly hair need to keep the frizzies at bay. The secret is to coat every strand of hair with product.
3. Work in sections. Blow-dry one section of hair until it is completely dry, keeping a one-inch space between your hair and the end of your dryer, and then move onto the next section.
4. Ensure that your dryer nozzle is pointing down the hair shaft from roots to ends.
5. Finish off with a misting of shine spray or rub a pea-sized drop of shine serum in your palms and distribute evenly from mid-shaft to ends – staying clear of the roots.
Watch this video, courtesy of L’Oreal Professionel, on how to blow dry hair straight.